Monday, December 17, 2012

Polaroid Mug Rug


My brilliant friend Kristy of Quiet Play has another great pattern coming out for those of you who enjoy paper piecing. After seeing this Polaroid camera on her blog, I was absolutely charmed, and I was even more thrilled when she let me test it out for her. Discovering that I was out of black fabric didn't stop me -- I pulled out my fat eighth bundle of Architextures (which didn't include the black prints), and decided to go the navy blue route. It's a little busy, but I like it. I threw in a few blocks from the Polaroid block swap I did through Debbie's blog earlier this year, putting it all together to make a good sized mug rug.


The back uses one of the great ledger prints from Architextures. That green strip at the bottom almost makes me think of a composition book.


Add a mug of tea and a few oatmeal cookies, and I'm ready to go...


Linking up to the Let's Get Acquainted Monday Link-up.

11 comments:

  1. You did not really just put cookies on top of that. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love this! I saw Kristy's pattern - very fun, especially with our polaroid blocks! Please feel free to add your mug rug to the polaroid flickr group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I just used some of my fat eighth bundle of Architextures - I'm posting it tomorrow. Oh, and I have that mug - well, with a B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has to be the cutest mug rug I have ever seen! I don't know how you can bear to put food on it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it looks fantastic Heidi! Love it paired with the Polaroid blocks. Really cute mug rug. Thanks so much for testing it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sew cute. I really like the backing fabric ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously adorable. Ahhhh! I think I need something cute to drink my coffee with in the morning...

    ReplyDelete
  8. great mug rug! love Architextures too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! I like the navy instead of black. It gives a kind of natural dullness/shine that those cameras always had. Super with the polaroid blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely awesome! Great, great piecing and combo of fabrics! And Kristy's pattern is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow-look at that tiny piecing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...