Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Details


It sounds like Lori and I aren't the only ones who have been nervously longing to try our hand at making a Weekender Bag. Some of you even admitted that you've been sitting on the pattern for a while, too afraid to attempt it alone. I'm so excited that we'll all get the chance to finally try it out together! If you'd like to share photos and talk about the process as we go along, Lori has set up a Long Weekend group on Threadbias, and I've started a Long Weekend group on Flickr. Feel free to join either or both -- they're both great sites for building community! I just started pulling my fabric for the bag this afternoon as you can see above: lime green linen for most of the exterior accented with a red dotty print (Riley Blake, I believe) and some Nursery Versery. My version is going to be for my daughters, so I thought a little Heather Ross might be in order. I'm hoping to start cutting this weekend.


I'm also trying to finish my Modernista Swap project this week. My mini quilt is from another brilliant pattern by Kristy of Quiet Play. Does that girl know her way around paper piecing or what? Such a great design, and so perfect for embellishing with fun details.


Last night I finished the top of a table runner -- for my Modernista swap partner as well -- using a mini charm pack of Marmlade and some natural linen. This collection is just the sweetest set of prints, and I love the range of colors. I was so taken with this mini pack that I ended up going back to buy a full size charm pack of Marmalade for myself. The fabric addiction strikes again...

Hope you're all having a great week!

Linking up to WIP Wednesday.


12 comments:

  1. Thank you for testing the house block! Yours looks fabulous! I love all the fussy cut details you included - perfect!

    As for the Marmalade table runner - simply stunning!! The linen is the perfect background for your mini charms. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that house looks really cute! Thanks for sharing look forward to seeing the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a good use of a mini charm pack. I have a mini charm pack of Vintage Modern that I have been looking to do something with. I also agree that Marmalade is such a pretty fabric collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have one lucky partner! The house block and the runner are both darling. I'm so tempted to join Weekender-Along but I just don't need another weekend bag OR another project. Maybe it would make a good Christmas gift for someone...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely runner Heidi. I've never made a bag, so will let you do that : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you are on fire with the swap projects! Everything is looking so fresh, especially the runner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the house, and great table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If that house isn't the sweetest thing! I LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That house is incredible!! I love the marmalade too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That house block looks amazing! And the table runner is perfect, I can't wait to get some marmalade!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome projects!!! The paper-pieced mini quilt is adorable...I can't stop looking at it.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...