Friday, June 8, 2012

Bunny's Quilt


I finally finished all of the girls' quilts this evening, and what a relief it is to know they are done. As I've said before, it can be a little tedious at times to have to make three of everything when it comes to the kids. Finishing the first version is usually pretty fun. The second one is okay. By the time I hit the third, I'm very ready to move on to something else. Bunny's quilt was the first one to make it out of the dryer, so that's the one I have pictures of tonight. My husband was able to hold it up for one quick shot in front of the house before it started whipping around in the wind.


The quilt is made entirely of prints from Lizzy House's Castle Peeps line along with a simple white muslin. For each of these quilts I just used a solid white for the backing since they're going to spend their lives draped on the beds anyway.


I did a little bit of hand stitching around three of the wonky stars in a royal blue thread. I think it adds a little interest to the quilt top, and I like the way it highlights a few of the stars. I'll have pictures of Mouse's quilt tomorrow...


The setting sun tweaked the colors in this picture a bit, but here's my first block in the hand pieced doll quilt. I love this little churn dash, made with a dot print from Circa 1934 by Cosmo Cricket and some Flea Market Fancy by Denyse Schmidt. Can't wait to finish a few more of these!

Linking up to Sew & Tell Friday, Confessions of a Fabric Addict &

6 comments:

  1. what an accomplishment for you! Very cool! Love the addition of the hand-stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's delightful. I am sure they will be snuggled lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you go! I'm so behind on finishing quilts for all my kids. My giant boys have these tiny quilts I made them when they were maybe 5 & 2. I definitely need to make new quilts a priority!
    Your handpieced block is just fantastic! I'm so glad you tried it! How big is that one?
    Thanks for linking up to The Handmade Parade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it's gorgeous! Love the hand stitching too. I am about to indulge in some tonight in front of a good film. That's what I love about hand quilting, you can have half an eye on the TV too, it makes a nice change from sitting at the sewing machine and it looks so pretty. Can't wait to see your next quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt, and I applaud you making three of everything each time!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stars and the fabric--especially the border print!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...